Brooding in Coop Questions

Absolutely. Or correcting a mistake. Even if partially.

Now to get the new ventilated run door made, a fan in the coop since it is so hot here, and I think it may good for little ones.

Speaking of heat, and ways to cool off, at what age can they start having the now and then frozen treat, like a piece of frozen watermelon, to cool down?
In order to help keep them cool, you can add some nice cold water to their feed. New texture but cooled and still nutritious! 🐓❤️

Thanks. I bought myself a watermelon, and I thought I'd put a couple of pieces in the freezer for them for a hot day. So far, the only "treat" I have offered them is their regular food, hand feeding them in addition to their feeder, to try to get them used to me.
You can add some water to their crumble and turn it into a mash, they'll think it's a treat ;)

Well, the babies are two weeks old today, and got moved to the coop. Boy were they pissed off about being moved. They are already exercising their wings more now, and enjoying the room, and one has found the little ladder to the perch, and where it goes, so they'll get over being mad at me. I feel much better about the ventilation, and the security especially, with all of the information and advice I have received here.

Well, the babies are two weeks old today, and got moved to the coop. Boy were they pissed off about being moved. They are already exercising their wings more now, and enjoying the room, and one has found the little ladder to the perch, and where it goes, so they'll get over being mad at me. I feel much better about the ventilation, and the security especially, with all of the information and advice I have received here.
You may have some princesses with feathers on your hands there, just like me. 😅 I'm sure they'll be so much fun for you. Just write back or post again if anything else comes up.

Yay!

Beautiful coop and run! BYC is such a great place to gain knowledge and put it into practice. So many knowledgeable people willing to share their wisdom with us newbies! Hope your chicken raising journey is successful and filled with love for your chickens! Looks like you're starting off on the right foot. GOOD LUCK🍀 and enjoy your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom