Broody/chick issue

If you feel more comfortable spritzing them, then go for it. The spray would need to make contact with skin, so I just thought dabbing them would be easier:)

BTW - You are welcome:hugs

The only area that will be difficult getting to skin will be wings. They are still fluffy. Well, as you saw in video.

I'm just concerned with any toxins on such young kids. And even a sick momma. I know I worry to much. I have been told I was gonna turn into a worry wart.

Just get some wart-be-gone if that happens :)

Hmmm, She is refusing to eat anything still and doesn't seem interested in water now. No grass, moist food, scratch, oats, nothing.

Her crop feels about the same as it was last night. Maybe a little smaller. Either she ate something or it isn't being processed now. Crop is firm but squishy. Not like it was with water.

He breath appears to be fine. I'm really thinking it is time... I suspect she is shutting down. No change since I sprayed her yesterday.

Oh, I know that their throat has a curve in it but it seems like it may be a bit more and maybe why the puffiness?

I am thinking it is time to give up on her and focus on chicks and getting them fully integrated so I can stop locking them down. Of course continue to at least check chicks many many times a day when they are out and about. Or spending much time sitting with them... Continue to do Mommas task of finding ants, worms, bugs and such for them... When everyone is locked in the yard and out free range.

Something needs to be decided. I can't continue this roller coaster ride.

Last edited:
Thank You, I will look them over after the kids and I go run amok for a while.

Oh I think I am starting to notice feathers. Molt? That process seems to take 2 months. She can't go like this for 2 more months... Will look again. They could have been the other buffs feathers. Not heavy like a molt tho.

The only area that will be difficult getting to skin will be wings. They are still fluffy. Well, as you saw in video.

I'm just concerned with any toxins on such young kids. And even a sick momma. I know I worry to much. I have been told I was gonna turn into a worry wart.

Just get some wart-be-gone if that happens :)
The chicks seem very healthy and wow, are they ever active...lol. I think it would be worse to leave them to the possibility of an infestation, than expose them to a quick spritz.

Was just fixing to look them over. Mom isn't wanting out at all today. 10 kids run me ragged. We are all beat. They are napping and I am fixing to take a pain pill and scan links. Wish I still had some kratom maeng da red. It works for at least a couple hours longer and zero pain compared to just taking the edge off with hydro. Wore off long time ago. Being a babbling idiot again.

Kids run me ragged... Off to look through links.

Re: First link. Not completely through but I suspect she starved herself for to long and well, she is shutting down. What I have read elsewhere. Once that starts happening, it is unlikely you will turn it around. I can always be wrong on anything... and everything.

Re: doughy crop - How do I get her to take anything if she is refusing everything?

Off topic...but a sturdy dollar store butterfly net works wonders for catching active chicks. I have several now...lol. A light, (preferably) extendable fishnet is great for catching adult chickens.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom