Broody chicken sitting on my duck eggs question

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
You duck experts since I have a broody chicken sitting on my shipped duck eggs will I need to spray a bit of water on the eggs everyday to help w/ humidity since it is a chicken sitting on these eggs and not a duck?

I am sure when ducks go broody and they get off the nest the eat, bathe/swim for a bit then come back to the nest. Since the feathers are wet I am sure that helps w/ the humidity. Since I have a chicken and they don't swim thus she won't have wet feathers when she comes back to the nest do I need to spray a bit of water on the eggs?

Thanks

You duck experts since I have a broody chicken sitting on my shipped duck eggs will I need to spray a bit of water on the eggs everyday to help w/ humidity since it is a chicken sitting on these eggs and not a duck?

I am sure when ducks go broody and they get off the nest the eat, bathe/swim for a bit then come back to the nest. Since the feathers are wet I am sure that helps w/ the humidity. Since I have a chicken and they don't swim thus she won't have wet feathers when she comes back to the nest do I need to spray a bit of water on the eggs?

Thanks
I just had a chicken hatch duck eggs. I did nothing to the eggs at all. She hatched 3 of 5. They are healthy and happy.

Back
Top Bottom