Broody gave up already!

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
I went home last week to 3 broody silkies. So I put Franks serama eggs under them. They each had 6 eggs. Well, when I got home today, she was out with the others. At first I hoped she was just eating. But she did not go back. I eventually moved the eggs. I put one under each silkie to make their total 7 each and put the remaining 4 in the bator. That is all it would hold. It is full. I pray another one does not do the same. I do have an LG I could hook up but I would rather not. Keep your fingers crossed. She was a first timer and the older baby chicks were getting up in the nest box with her at night sleeping and pooping on her. I was about to have to do something to better separate them. I still will with the other two. Just have to figure out what to do. But so far, the babies like that one nest box so they can have it now. Will keep you posted on whether the eggs do ok. It was rather warm here today so I think they are fine. Were not cool at all when I took them out of the nest.

Hoping for some fuzzy serama butts soon.

Marie

Thank goodness you had the other silkies and the bator. It's so frustrating when a hen abandons the nest like that. Hopefully the other ladies will stay put and fuzzy butts will abound soon.

Thanks so much Frank. You are so sweet. I think it should be ok. The temp here was pretty warm yesterday. The eggs still felt a bit warm, not like they were being sat on but warm. So I think it will be ok. But I will let you know.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom