Broody hatch-a-long!!! With Pippin!

Pics
Good luck!

I've never seen shredded paper used in a nest before. Does it work ok?
It's something I might have to try.
It does get a bit messy, but it’s used indoors, so I just sweep it up and it’s okay. I cant seem to unsubscribe from my weekly local ad papers... may as well put them and the paper shredder to good use!

If you try it, I would only use the non-glossy papers.Those can stick horribly when wet...

Some chicken are half broody when they lay :lol: Has she gone broody before?
She did.. but i locked the coop closed, which made her ANGRY! She was pecking at the door!! 😂 but after 2 days of lockout, she got over it. But that was her first broody episode, last month at age 10 mos. But she's been scooting eggs forever.

aww poor girl 😂

Which one of your girls lay the best?
They are ail insane laying machines! Minnie (D'uccle) lays every other day, and Daisy and Elsa (D'uccle and bantam cochin) lay pretty much every day, with a rare skipped day. So even with just 3 bantams, i have plenty of eggs for myself!

I do feed them nutrena feather fixer, which is a higher protein feed and has more micro nutrients listed. Even when they molt, it's like a few days, and their feathers are back... although they are over grooming each other.

@yakitori i posted these on the other thread.. the polish hair is popping! Im so sure the big boy is a boy... of the other 3, im hoping the two smaller ones are female. Tell me what you think... still super early, 3.5 weeks.

Big boy... he's the best model ever
20210814_173946.jpg
20210814_173952.jpg

The trio, with little chick in the center :confused:
20210814_173921.jpg

Please be a girl, please be a girl.

Back
Top Bottom