Broody hatch-a-long!!! With Pippin!

Pics
best pic I could get after fishing under mamma hen. I don't think any others hatched yet. Must be very young cause it's a bit sleepy still.

new nugget.png

The others in the little coop are growing fast. I think the one in this pic is a boy though :C

1624557298296.png

Had to do a little rescue this morning - one of the eggs was zipped all the way around and down one side but still couldn't get out because the inner membrane was attached in small parts. Dry fluffy chick inside very happy to be out. All three hatched now and seem well!

Juno, at 25 days, along w her mama, officially joined the flock yesterday. It was pretty much a non event. There are 10 other hens, but they stay back, as Violetta has been very protective. Beldar, the rooster is protective too. I am very pleased. Here he is wondering what I am doing. He keeps a watchful eye on his offspring.
The 5 run sections are divided with wire mesh that is 2” X 4”. Yesterday, Juno could squeeze thru if she found herself on the wrong side. Today she can’t fit! She will learn where the openings are. Mama is doing her best to demonstrate navigating the maze. She also tested flying skills, by perching about 3 1/2 ft up on a branch. Juno couldn’t make it today, maybe tomorrow! E3913B27-37BE-4C59-95FC-1D9047BDE99B.jpeg

So how are they all going?

Mine are doing well. The black one hatched on the 21st, a summer chick :)

I was lucky to be off from work that day and was able to see what was going on. I thought I'd share.

So how are they all going?

Mine are doing well. The black one hatched on the 21st, a summer chick :)

I was lucky to be off from work that day and was able to see what was going on. I thought I'd share.

What precious moments <3
Are you going to name it Summer :love?

Mine are already getting quite rowdy... going on 14 days tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom