Broody hatch-a-long!!! With Pippin!

That’s an amazing ratio <3 still waiting for those pics ;)

These are Bato's 5, pictures back from July. I need to get pics of Kali's 3 but those ones are not tame at all (they lived in the main coop from the beginning, while Bato's were put in the little broody coop and got much more handling). Bato's chicks are the most tame I have ever seen. I can pick them up and they will fall asleep perched on my hands, and if I'm refilling the feeder they will try to land on my head. I think it's 4 pullets and 1 cockerel but the cockerel is soo tame too (every other one I had has been much more nervous than the pullets). I just hope it doesn't change when he matures since they can go a bit crazy. He hasn't even crowed yet though his comb has grown quite big since then. It's strange because Kali's chicks are about a month younger yet the cockerel in that group was chasing one of the pullets. Maybe some chickens are just slower to mature than others? I thought they started crowing at 8 weeks or so.

Anyway, pics from 2 month ago.

July21_Amiga.jpg Amiga (pullet?)

July21_GoldConnie.jpg Gold Connie (pullet?)
July21_BlackConnie.jpg Black Connie (pullet?)
July21_Polo.jpg Polo (pullet??)
July21_Scriver.jpg Scriver (cockerel?)

These are Bato's 5, pictures back from July. I need to get pics of Kali's 3 but those ones are not tame at all (they lived in the main coop from the beginning, while Bato's were put in the little broody coop and got much more handling). Bato's chicks are the most tame I have ever seen. I can pick them up and they will fall asleep perched on my hands, and if I'm refilling the feeder they will try to land on my head. I think it's 4 pullets and 1 cockerel but the cockerel is soo tame too (every other one I had has been much more nervous than the pullets). I just hope it doesn't change when he matures since they can go a bit crazy. He hasn't even crowed yet though his comb has grown quite big since then. It's strange because Kali's chicks are about a month younger yet the cockerel in that group was chasing one of the pullets. Maybe some chickens are just slower to mature than others? I thought they started crowing at 8 weeks or so.

Anyway, pics from 2 month ago.

View attachment 2832069 Amiga (pullet?)

View attachment 2832071Gold Connie (pullet?)
View attachment 2832070 Black Connie (pullet?)
View attachment 2832072 Polo (pullet??)
View attachment 2832073 Scriver (cockerel?)
I think some crow earlier and some later...5 months? Then there’s silkies which are an entire category of their own when it comes to gender :rolleyes:

Pics from 2 months ago??? Would love to see how they look now!

My first chick from a broody was born on the first day of summer. Now five more chicks and this one on the first day of fall :)

20210922_165847_HDR.jpg

Too many chickens now, uh oh.

Back
Top Bottom