Broody Hatchalong!

Pics
I have 8 duck eggs under my BO hen. Some may actually be chicken eggs but not to sure. Also, found a nest of 15 duck eggs in the duck coop so hopefully my duck will sit soon.

I have 8 duck eggs under my BO hen. Some may actually be chicken eggs but not to sure. Also, found a nest of 15 duck eggs in the duck coop so hopefully my duck will sit soon.
Oh nice! Have you ever let a duck sit before? I haven't tried it before because I hear they aren't good mothers. But maybe that just depends on the breed and individual duck.

Oh nice! Have you ever let a duck sit before? I haven't tried it before because I hear they aren't good mothers. But maybe that just depends on the breed and individual duck.
Yes, I have. It does depend on the breed and duck. I have Indian Runners and they are said to be bad mothers, but I have one that goes broody every year and successfully hatched her eggs.

Yes, I have. It does depend on the breed and duck. I have Indian Runners and they are said to be bad mothers, but I have one that goes broody every year and successfully hatched her eggs.
Oh great! That gives me hope. I have a khaki Campbell, welsh harlequin, blue runner, and pekin hen (along with my Khaki Campbell drake). Which do you think might brood the best? Ive heard that welsh harlequins can be better but I haven't been able to verify this with anyone else.

Oh great! That gives me hope. I have a khaki Campbell, welsh harlequin, blue runner, and pekin hen (along with my Khaki Campbell drake). Which do you think might brood the best? Ive heard that welsh harlequins can be better but I haven't been able to verify this with anyone else.
I’m not to sure. I have to get to in the duck first.

Back
Top Bottom