Broody Hatchalong!

Pics
Also, so I have the new Cream Legbar and olive egger, The Cream Legbar has a bright red comb and wattles. The olive egger has just the start of a comb and is a peachy white. I got my second colored egg today but it looks more green than blue (yesterdays was totally blue). I didn't think the olive egger was mature, so can Cream Legbar eggs sometimes be more green?
The egg color doesn't really change, so I would wonder if maybe it's the OE.
Pics of the eggs side by side might help.

I've got 3 broodies right now! As an incubator full. Talk about timing, hah. My two muscovy ducks are on about 10 eggs each, and my blue australorp is on 5 eggs. Also have 21 eggs incubating. They are all due to hatch around 3 days-1 week apart!
Oh that's so cool! Do you have any pics of your Australorp? I just ordered some blue Australorp eggs! 😊

Oh that's so cool! Do you have any pics of your Australorp? I just ordered some blue Australorp eggs! 😊

Attachments

• 0830201158c_HDR.jpg
    0830201158c_HDR.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1108201447b_HDR.jpg
    1108201447b_HDR.jpg
    933.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 0114211543_HDR.jpg
    0114211543_HDR.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 2
They are so beautiful!!!
I like them a lot! She is an amazing layer, daily. And her eggs are light brown with a pinkish bloom, they're lovely! The boys are so so. Gorgeous but little turds to my kids. They've never outright attacked but will run at, flap at, and stalk all of my 4 young kids. Terrifies them, lol. It gets old. Working on a run for just the roos so my kids can play outside in peace.

I've got 3 broodies right now! As an incubator full. Talk about timing, hah. My two muscovy ducks are on about 10 eggs each, and my blue australorp is on 5 eggs. Also have 21 eggs incubating. They are all due to hatch around 3 days-1 week apart!
Thats great! Your gonna have a lot of birds :lol: (and I don't mean that in a bad way!)

The egg color doesn't really change, so I would wonder if maybe it's the OE.
Pics of the eggs side by side might help.
Unfortunately I did eat yesterdays blue egg for French Toast this morning😂. But I will see later today if I get anything and can check back in tomorrow as well. I didn't think my OE was near maturity (looking at the comb and wattles on the pictures I posted), especially compared to the Cream Legbar. But maybe i'm just not used to this breed. Also I do still have the green egg that I can take a picture of. It does look a little less green in the pictures though:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom