Broody Hatchalong!

Pics
I think my little late chick is getting close to hatching:D:D. The last few days I have been monitoring it and I could see the yolk getting smaller and smaller. Once it was almost gone he totally flipped around over night and now his/her beak is right up against where the air sac was. I still see it chew and yawn and stuff like its still absorbing some yolk though. There is one large vein still but it looks smaller. Im still praying he/she will hatch and I think it may just happen!:fl

I think my little late chick is getting close to hatching:D:D. The last few days I have been monitoring it and I could see the yolk getting smaller and smaller. Once it was almost gone he totally flipped around over night and now his/her beak is right up against where the air sac was. I still see it chew and yawn and stuff like its still absorbing some yolk though. There is one large vein still but it looks smaller. Im still praying he/she will hatch and I think it may just happen!:fl
That's great! I really hope that s/he hatches!

This is disgusting but my broody hen pooped all over her eggs. Could they affect the chicks when hatching?
Oh no!! First of all, is the hens food right next to her? This is the only time i've heard of a hen pooping on her eggs - when she doesn't have to leave the nest for food and water.

But yes, that can definitely affect the hatch rate. They may become infected and stuff. best to keep them very clean. I would suggest a warm SLIGHTLY damp paper towel and GENTLY wipe off as much as you can. Careful not to be to harsh and wipe away the bloom.

Back
Top Bottom