Broody Hatchalong!

Do chickens like worms? Yeah, I want to see them!!
P1050163.JPG

I just went to check in on my BO and found instead - my jersey giant/BCM mix sitting on the eggs. I figured she was just laying on top of the clutch, but when I was holding my Buff Orpington and when I set her down she walked on over to the nesting box and the Jersey Giant (big bertha) gave a few of these weird, aggressive, growly noises. Is this the broody growl Ive read about?? I would be so excited to have multiple broody hens!! But I need to get ready for a lot more chickens :lol:.

Aww, so cute! What breeds are they?
I just went to check in on my BO and found instead - my jersey giant/BCM mix sitting on the eggs. I figured she was just laying on top of the clutch, but when I was holding my Buff Orpington and when I set her down she walked on over to the nesting box and the Jersey Giant (big bertha) gave a few of these weird, aggressive, growly noises. Is this the broody growl Ive read about?? I would be so excited to have multiple broody hens!! But I need to get ready for a lot more chickens :lol:.
That would be so cool if she was!

Also, and sorry for all the questions (my first time hatching eggs), I just have the one rooster, will the chicks mostly look like either the mom or dad, or will some be a mix of both (like your broody hen).

And after the chicks hatch, do I keep the mom on starter too or do they need to be separate somehow?

Also, and sorry for all the questions (my first time hatching eggs), I just have the one rooster, will the chicks mostly look like either the mom or dad, or will some be a mix of both (like your broody hen).
It depends what the breeds are to begin with.
And after the chicks hatch, do I keep the mom on starter too or do they need to be separate somehow?
It’s fine for the mom to be on chicks starter too.

Back
Top Bottom