Broody hen - hatched 4 since yesterday, 2 haven't internally pipped yet.

Ok never mind my own question, this turns automatically :') and we can't have that right now. I'll try to find a solution for them to hatch safely in there.

I would pull that tray out and put the lockdown tray in, up the humidity, let these little ones hatch and then replace the tray and the humidity after they hatch. Looks like newly hatched chicks would get injured in that tray you have in there now.
Good luck.😊

I would pull that tray out and put the lockdown tray in, up the humidity, let these little ones hatch and then replace the tray and the humidity after they hatch. Looks like newly hatched chicks would get injured in that tray you have in there now.
Good luck.😊
Thing is, the other 10 arent supposed to hatch yet for about 20 days :) and really need to be incubated that way to get good results so I don’t think I can remove the tray?

Thing is, the other 10 arent supposed to hatch yet for about 20 days :) and really need to be incubated that way to get good results so I don’t think I can remove the tray?
Like others have stated in the posts above, it won’t hurt the new eggs to have higher humidity for a day or two. You can hand turn the other eggs. It really isn’t that difficult. You just have to decide what you are prioritizing. In the end it is completely up to you.😊

Like others have stated in the posts above, it won’t hurt the new eggs to have higher humidity for a day or two. You can hand turn the other eggs. It really isn’t that difficult. You just have to decide what you are prioritizing. In the end it is completely up to you.😊
I’m not talking about the humidity anymore 🙈

I was indeed referring to the hand turning (it now automatically turns every 2 hours) and the position (slightly angled pointy side down) they are put in :) I guess I could solve that by putting them in an egg box (not sure how you call these in English) and position them a bit sideways. How many times would you advise handturning them?

To prevent temp and humidity spikes this time (as that is what made our last batch fail), I kind of wanted to open the incubator as little as possible. 😅

I’m not talking about the humidity anymore 🙈

I was indeed referring to the hand turning (it now automatically turns every 2 hours) and the position (slightly angled pointy side down) they are put in :) I guess I could solve that by putting them in an egg box (not sure how you call these in English) and position them a bit sideways. How many times would you advise handturning them?

To prevent temp and humidity spikes this time (as that is what made our last batch fail), I kind of wanted to open the incubator as little as possible. 😅

If you want to minimize opening the incubator then three times a day is enough. You only have a day or two to worry about it, sounds like.
When you say egg box I think you mean a carton.😊
Are your other eggs shipped eggs? If not you can easily just let them be on their sides.
These kind of issues are why it is good to have two incubators in case you run into this problem (or others) in the future.

Back
Top Bottom