broody hen hatching! day 21 with 1 hatched 1 not pipped!!!

so my broody hen has been laying on 6 eggs, but we found out only 3 were fertile. We think she squashed one, on day 18, that was 3 days until hatching and unfortunately died. We came down today and checked her (day 21) and found a chick but the other egg has not pipped nor chirping.
šŸ˜±! That baby is gorgeous! What breed is she?

I'm actually not sure, I asked the same question. I got the eggs from a friend. She said she doesn't know but she is mixed with a few breeds I think.
Same problem. I have a flock of 6 adult chickens and a flock of 5 11/12 week old chickens. I have Plymouth Rock cross something I know and the others I am just roughly guessing there breed.

Same problem. I have a flock of 6 adult chickens and a flock of 5 11/12 week old chickens. I have Plymouth Rock cross something I know and the others I am just roughly guessing there breed.
Yeah. I have a Plymouth Rock or a Maren. I'm not sure but I'm guessing she is a Plymouth as same features. My whole flock is different types of breeds, including ISA Browns.

Iā€™ve been pretty eggcited lately because I am now hatching more babies and maybe a Plymouth Rock for the first time in my life. I have the mix breeds but Iā€™m super eggcited for my Plymouth Rock.

Back
Top Bottom