broody hen nose problem

chicken crazed 1o1

Songster
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
Dugald , Manitoba
My broody Silkie is having a nose problen she has a pice of straw in her noise and it is hard for her to breath becuase she has boogers and i have a silkie chick with a lot of boogers in 1 of his noise holes I dont want her to die as I raised her alone with no chicks she is so friendly even when broody what do i do:(

Last edited:
Well, at least pull the straw out. Wash their noses. Steam can help to get things moving, make it runnier so it comes out. It's not right for a chicken to have nasal discharge. Are they coughing or sneezing? - flu.

yes she does sneez every now and then and i tried to take the straw out put i acceddentaly pushed it in more .
sad.png

Without pics or more description of what the problem is, how long it has been going on, her overall condition, etc., we're shooting in the dark.

Try some VetRX or some other aromatic essential oil like it on her wattles and see if that helps.

If you can get a picture and post it, it would help. I can't tell if you're reacting to something that was simply mechanical irritation, or she has some sort of bacteria that needs systemic treating.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom