Broody Hen Thread!

Thank you!!! You are a sweetheart. She seems to feel better now, and is quietly sitting on her 4 eggs left.

(^__^)
Hahaa thanks! That is truely wonderful, I bet she'll be a great little mum!
woot.gif

Hi all! So pleased to announce the arrival of 7 fluffy butts yesterday that my Speckled Sussex hen hatched. Here's a pic:

I have a question though. It's quite concerning actually. She had 12 eggs under her at the beginning. She hatched 7 chicks and there was only 1 left in the nest that didn't hatch. Where did the other 4 eggs go? Could it have been a snake? AHHH! I don't even like to think about that. Any ideas?

Hi all! So pleased to announce the arrival of 7 fluffy butts yesterday that my Speckled Sussex hen hatched. Here's a pic: my hen lost all the eggs she was setting to rats I have a question though. It's quite concerning actually. She had 12 eggs under her at the beginning. She hatched 7 chicks and there was only 1 left in the nest that didn't hatch. Where did the other 4 eggs go? Could it have been a snake? AHHH! I don't even like to think about that. Any ideas?

Hi all! So pleased to announce the arrival of 7 fluffy butts yesterday that my Speckled Sussex hen hatched. Here's a pic: I have a question though. It's quite concerning actually. She had 12 eggs under her at the beginning. She hatched 7 chicks and there was only 1 left in the nest that didn't hatch. Where did the other 4 eggs go? Could it have been a snake? AHHH! I don't even like to think about that. Any ideas?
I have rad somewhere that the mother hens know what isn't fertile/deformed and will end eating the gigs since there is nothing growing in them.

Hi all! So pleased to announce the arrival of 7 fluffy butts yesterday that my Speckled Sussex hen hatched. Here's a pic: I have a question though. It's quite concerning actually. She had 12 eggs under her at the beginning. She hatched 7 chicks and there was only 1 left in the nest that didn't hatch. Where did the other 4 eggs go? Could it have been a snake? AHHH! I don't even like to think about that. Any ideas?
How adorable!!! !:clap

What are ways I can (make) or help my white silkie hen go broody???PLEASE help!!!
Leave eggs in the nest box and hope for some warm weather and that can encourage them. But apart from that you have to just wait. Make sure the nest box is dark and safe. The hen must feel that were she is laying is a safe place to hatch chicks. If not she will not want to go broody.
How old is your Silkie hen?

Mr broody is doing a fabulous job at bring up 6 light sussex chicks. They are 4 weeks old now and everything is going very well. I think we have 2 males and 4 females which is great!

Back
Top Bottom