Broody Hen

Update: i know its been only an hour or so buh i jus checked upon her now and she seem better than before. i near my hands towards her and she didnt move.

Also is this true that sometimes one 1 hen is broody. sometimes the other hens get broody as well and they take over each other nesting box or something?

UPDATE: Today she early morning went out of nest for like an hour and then back to her nest and this times i tried many times put my hands near her and she didnt move and kept on eggs. however she still not making cluck noise. it is cuz of her behaviour ? she is really friendly and usually doesnt make too much noise. This this mean she is broody now?

Plus many hours or mintues she need needs to come out of nest. and i fear if she get out too long fertile eggs may get rooten and bad. Note: i havent yet put fertiles eggs.

Also i separated her and she went back to her nest and i spreaded the fake eggs as well and she put them all under herself.and she now is buffed up as well.

i belive the reason why doesnt make cluck noise and doesnt get angry when i near my hand towards cuz of her behaviour. cuz she is really nice and freidnly and never made noise before as well.

I have a broody right now who has been sitting on eggs for a week. She is sweet and friendly too, and when I open the nest box to check on her, she puffs up real big and makes a coo sort of noise at me. She leaves the nest box for a little while every day to poop, eat, drink and dust bathe. All the while she makes bock-bock noises and attacks everybody else to remind them she's still top bird. I knew she was dedicated when she refused to sleep anywhere but the nest box at night and when she started telling off the rooster. She would drop a wing and puff up as big as she could. You could almost hear her saying, "Don't touch me - I will end you!"

If your hen is doing these things, she may be broody.

Out all of these signs
*she sitting on eggs %100. past 2 days.
*she is also puffed up like you said when u open nest box
* with regards to that noise of buck buck she makes it buh very little
* and with regards to sleeping she sleeps in that same nest as well.

The only thing my chicken is not doing is she is notmaking that buck buck noise like a loud propery broody chicken would do.

Back
Top Bottom