Broody Hen's Eggs on Day 9 *HATCH COMPLETE* w/ PICS ~post #21~

Well, they sort of peeked out a bit. Look at Dusty's eyes in that first picture- doesn't she look like she's on a maternal high?
DCP_3377.jpg

DCP_3379.jpg

DCP_3376.jpg

Quote:
Congratulations-this was so exciting to follow. I'd love to see more photos as they grow up.

That little Del baby is something else! It popped out from under Dusty and ran to me when I opened the pen door. I have to shove it back to mama, it's so friendly! Funny thing is that it is larger than each of the five others and three of those are Orpingtons! Big baby.

Aww I love seeing the mama's and babies together. The delaware is way too precocious! Now it's too good to hang out with those baby chicks.

Few more pics of the little critters today, first the two Barred Rocks. Ivy's baby is a pullet, but Lexie's is a little oddball- he's on the left in the second pic. See all that white in his face? Looks more like an Australorp than a BR, doesn't he? Anyway, I'm guessing it's a he, though the headspot is small. Actually, it is a two-parter headspot that looks like an equals sign:

DCP_3388.jpg

DCP_3387.jpg

DCP_3389.jpg

Back
Top Bottom