Broody Mum

Chanchick99

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2016
Lincolnshire England
Hi There, I'm Not Surr Which Thread To Post This In So Please Tell Me If I'm Wrong. I Have A New Broody Mum Who Hatched Chicks Out Yesterday And Last Night, She's Sitting On The Chicks And Keeping Them Warm But She Keeps Pecking Them When They Come Out From Underneath Her, I've Never Seen A Broody Do This Before, Is This Normal? Or Should I Be Worried.

Hi There, I'm Not Surr Which Thread To Post This In So Please Tell Me If I'm Wrong. I Have A New Broody Mum Who Hatched Chicks Out Yesterday And Last Night, She's Sitting On The Chicks And Keeping Them Warm But She Keeps Pecking Them When They Come Out From Underneath Her, I've Never Seen A Broody Do This Before, Is This Normal? Or Should I Be Worried.
Just a guess ... still chilly where you are maybe? Thinking she's chiding them to say under her where it is warm! Keep an eye on it, make sure no one is being injured. If they are, separate the babies and get them inside into a broader with a heat lamp, but give momma a chance first ... chickens usually know better than we do in these matters.

Is she a first time momma?

Just a guess ... still chilly where you are maybe? Thinking she's chiding them to say under her where it is warm! Keep an eye on it, make sure no one is being injured. If they are, separate the babies and get them inside into a broader with a heat lamp, but give momma a chance first ... chickens usually know better than we do in these matters.

Is she a first time momma?
Yes She's A First Time Mum, She's Not Being Really Viscious But I Don't Want To Leave Her And She Hurts Them, Not Very Cold But She May Just Be Over Protective. I Will Keep An Eye On Her And Babies.

Back
Top Bottom