Broody shaking egg sorta

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mr chicken dude, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Mr chicken dude

Mr chicken dude Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    VA
    So my eggs that are due to hatch Wednesday is going pretty good but I watched her today she got up to get a quick bite to eat and drink then once she sat back on the eggs she shook her stomach but her eggs were under her so she shook the eggs with it???...So my question is if she shook them but not really vigorously will they still hatch???

Or was she just turning them????

Thanks,Collin

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Hopefully she was being a good broody mama. Incubators have egg turners, so why not?

The chick can get stuck to the inside of the shell if not moved regularly.

3. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Could be rearranging, could be turning, who knows? (Besides the broody! [​IMG] )

I wouldn't be too concerned.... [​IMG]

4. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    She's just getting settled back on the nest and making sure all the eggs are under her and not off to the sides where they may get too cool. She sounds like a good broody hen and as long as the eggs are good you should have some chicks in a few days. [​IMG]

5. Mr chicken dude

Mr chicken dude Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    VA
    Quote:And if they do hatch I don't think I would be able to get away without posting pics on here right??

6. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Quote:Exactly! No broody hen/chick questions without follow-up pictures! It's a byc rule......well, an unofficial one anyway. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by