BROODY SILKIE HEN HATCH ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gigachad poultry

Rest in peace Eda ~ 2018-2024
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2022
Vicenza IT
Hi everyone!!! I'm excited to announce my silver partridge silkie hen Peep has gone broody!!!!!!!! As of today she's sitting sitting on 4 of her eggs and 1 bantam polish egg I snuck under her earlier!!! I'm excited to see if she'll stay broody unlike my other hens who tend to abandon their nests! Here she is with my other younger hen who seems to want to help her 🤣
PXL_20240318_170056413.jpg

Congrats! I've had co-parenting silkies before. They would each gather some eggs under themselves to make sure they are all covered. When they hatched, the chicks followed them both around. It was pretty cute.
That must look so adorable!!!!!!!!! Cluck the black one us too young too lay yet she's been sitting on the nest which is weird!

That must look so adorable!!!!!!!!! Cluck the black one us too young too lay yet she's been sitting on the nest which is weird!
Oh my! I thought she was a younger hen as they don't usually go broody before they lay eggs. My guess is she won't last there too long.

PEEP IS DOING GREAT!!!!!! she was getting off and on for a bit and I used that chance to add a barrier to her nest box plus a bigger and higher up roasting bar!!!!!! She's sitting on her nest and hasn't been getting off as much and she's been sleeping in it for the past 5 days or so!!!!!!
PXL_20240319_170109710.jpg
PXL_20240319_155851886.jpg

Back
Top Bottom