Broody Silkie

Mya05

Songster
May 10, 2020
Edmond, Oklahoma
We have decided to allow Stormy, our only Silkie, to (hopefully) hatch a few eggs. She went fully broody, and no matter what we tried, we couldn't break her. She also collects all the eggs for us😂 We have a few hens that are really good at hiding their eggs, and Stormy is great at finding them for us! We marked two eggs, so we know to leave them for her to hatch, and collect the rest. We also have three other hens who seem to want to help Stormy incubate the eggs. Whenever Stormy is out eating, drinking, or collecting eggs, one of the three other hens will sit on the eggs until she gets back. I didn't know they do this, and I don't know if it normal, or if it will continue when/if the eggs hatch. Any advice would be great.

We have decided to allow Stormy, our only Silkie, to (hopefully) hatch a few eggs. She went fully broody, and no matter what we tried, we couldn't break her. She also collects all the eggs for us😂 We have a few hens that are really good at hiding their eggs, and Stormy is great at finding them for us! We marked two eggs, so we know to leave them for her to hatch, and collect the rest. We also have three other hens who seem to want to help Stormy incubate the eggs. Whenever Stormy is out eating, drinking, or collecting eggs, one of the three other hens will sit on the eggs until she gets back. I didn't know they do this, and I don't know if it normal, or if it will continue when/if the eggs hatch. Any advice would be great.
Wow! This is interesting. What day are you on?

Back
Top Bottom