Broody Trouble! Please Help!

NoFlyBackFarm

Crowing
Aug 6, 2018
Pilesgrove, New Jersey
Okay, so I have three hens who are broody and one has hatched 3 chicks. They are fine. The other 2 are brooding eggs and they seem to be fine at the candle nice and warm. The problem is that the other eggs are totally black and i see no signs of hatching. They have been brooding at least 2 weeks. The hens have been sitting longer than that and I'm very sure they are past day 19. they are not apparently moving and no pips. I'm worried that some are dead because, they are not hatching and one should have hatched 2-3 days ago since they were in the brood with the one that had 3 chicks. I've never had this problem and I need reassurance. Will snap photos when I can. Between the 2 there are 9 eggs.

Last edited:
Okay, so I have three hens who are broody and one has hatched 3 chicks. They are fine. The other 2 are brooding eggs and they seem to be fine at the candle nice and warm. The problem is that the other eggs are totally black and i see no signs of hatching. They have been brooding at least 2 weeks. The hens have been sitting longer than that and I'm very sure they are past day 19. they are not apparently moving and no pips. I'm worried that some are dead because, they are not hatching and one should have hatched 2-3 days ago since they were in the brood with the one that had 3 chicks. I've never had this problem and I need reassurance. Will snap photos when I can. Between the 2 there are 9 eggs.
Get photos of each egg. Did you happen to label each egg?
If not do so now when you candle them.

Back
Top Bottom