Broody turkey

cece119

Chirping
Mar 10, 2016
New mexico
I have this broody hen & I went to check on her today & I noticed some missing feathers. Then I saw this. Does anyone know what it could be?

Yes, your Tom is aggressive when mating with the hen, I've Justin's literally kill hens during mating, you can buy a turkey saddle on eBay for very little to protect the delicate skin on her back and sides. I have 75 turkeys and checked hens frequently and when I notice they. Are getting scrapped up by the toms nails I put one on her.they work amazingly. Hope this helps

Thank you so much. I have 4 other hens but she is the only one that can't get out of the pen. She is really big & can't fly. We actually thought she was a tom at first.

My hens are allowed to free roam during the day but locked up at night, right now until more saddles arrive I have my toms separated from the hens which isn't easy task lolol. You should put a salve on your girls spot.I use bag balm use can get it most anywhere and it's great from diaper rash to using on any type of animals. Have a great day and God bless

Back
Top Bottom