Broody White leghorn... again...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KWAK, Aug 15, 2011.

1. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    I was told leghorns NEVER went broody... I have 6... and 1 has hatched out 3 batches of eggs this year and is on her 4th now... I am so "mad" [​IMG]
    started with 8 hens... and thanks to her, and a buff orpington, i am up to 30 hens and 8 roosters... HELP [​IMG]

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Are you going to let her hatch out another batch, or are you going to try and break her?

My leghorn(ish) chicken hasn't shown the slightest inclination to go broody.

3. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    Wow, what is it with non-broody breeds going broody? I'm on my second broody sex link this summer. At least my leghorn hasn't shown any interest.....yet. [​IMG]

4. Farmer_Dan

Farmer_Dan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Seattle
    ahh, chicken maths [​IMG]

5. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    I think i might break her... hmm... im allowed to have as many chickens as i want my dad said tho...

6. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    If it's any consolation, my andalusian hen who was supposed to "rarely go broody" went broody this spring... And my silkie did twice... [​IMG]

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Send her this way! I'll happily trade her for a hen that's never gone broody [​IMG]

8. ronniewayne

ronniewayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    QUEEN CITY,CASS COUNTY
    i raised 50 comets ..sex-links....they are 7 months and 5 have already gone broody...last yr i picked up an ee and bared rock at the feed store so they would go broody and neither one has shown any inclination...good luck with the white leghorn..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by