Brookhaven, NY

Danif123

Songster
Jun 11, 2019
Hey guys,
I'm just about finished building the run for the chickens and I been looking around this site a lot and I see a lot of townships where structures need to be 50' away from your property line. Is this true for Brookhaven township also? I have looked through the codes and all I have found is I'm only allowed up to 6 females but nothing else. They make these things hard to understand though, maybe write them in plain English and people would comply more. Guess they need the money fining people. I'm really hoping there is nothing in there this thing has taken weeks to build and a lot of $$.

Hey guys,
I'm just about finished building the run for the chickens and I been looking around this site a lot and I see a lot of townships where structures need to be 50' away from your property line. Is this true for Brookhaven township also? I have looked through the codes and all I have found is I'm only allowed up to 6 females but nothing else. They make these things hard to understand though, maybe write them in plain English and people would comply more. Guess they need the money fining people. I'm really hoping there is nothing in there this thing has taken weeks to build and a lot of $$.
Have you called them and asked?

Welcome to BYC, not an expert on those , but usually you can call your local area office and ask them, I just set my coop on half pavers so it's movable cause ours can be a bit trying on ones patience if you ask a question they come out and inspect and try to fine you for everything as they think your their personal ATM machine. it has done pretty good going on it's 3rd year where we get high winds sometimes so they don't bother me about mine, but put my back fence line in any ways on the lot anyway for the dogs so the kids walking by didn't harass them

Post a link or an image of any ordinances you find and we can take a look. For my area, I had to look up 2 different things in 2 areas: what the rules were for livestock, and what the rules were for additional structures on a lot (such as a coop).

I called up yesterday, I don't know why I didn't think of this before.:barnie Looks like we do need 50' from the side and rear property line and nothing can be in front of the house. Well now I got to figure something out.

Back
Top Bottom