Brought Home the new babies :: New Pictures Pg 3

lau.gif
the red is food coloring. That is the drake and female im keeping for sure. Might keep one or two more females. My sister picked out the female and i wanted that drake since he is SO much heavier than the others. So I marked them so i wouldnt get confused.

Where can i egt the Avia and vitamins fot the water? Will they carry it at TSC?

Any idea on how i tell the different with the french and non french scovie? Are these going to require different medical attention if they are?

Edited to say that my lil pup ADORES all animals. Especially ducklings. All she wants to do is mother them!

Last edited:
oh haha and awwwwwwwww that is so cute about your dog. and they may have the vitamins and stuff at a vitamin/drug store or grocery store or some people stores as well.

Awwww, cute photo! What a sweet looking dog!
You have to order Avia Charge 2000 fm McMurrey Hatchery but you should be able to get vitamins that you add to their water at your local TSC. I do like the Avia Charge as it's a complete Vitamin/Mineral supplement that can be used on both Chooks and Ducks but it is a bit pricey. I make a gallon a day and put a bowl out free choice for the chooks and ducks. I started using it last winter when I had two chooks who went through a really lllllooooooong hard molt right in the middle of winter. BRRRRR!
I'm not sure how to tell the French white's fm others except that a number of hatcheries are selling them now & advertise them as growing bigger, up to 50%, faster. That faster growth could be why they have more leg problems. Be sure they can get plenty of nice greens and forage & that could take care of that possible problem. You might just want to keep an eye on yours and if they don't seem to want to preen and clean up you'll just have to encourage them to it or give them a good bath once in awhile.
lol.png

I noticed when I picked them up out of the pool that is seemed like they were covered in oils. It got all over my hands and made my hands feel all soft. I dont know if their oil gland is being over active or.....? As for preening I know I saw some preening but one of the drakeletts didnt sem very interested.

What about adding some niacin (sp) (brewers yeast) to there food? I was told that is good to give them if they aren't doing the best. Also they might still need to adjust to everything....hope someone else can chime in, I am still so new to ducks...you have more experience then me.
wink.png

thought I would state the obvious because sometimes you can over look that when you get nervous.
idunno.gif

Hope they get more lively soon!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom