Brower incubator temps

angora831

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Manhattan, KS
I was able to obtain a slightly used Brower incubator for this hatching season and up until a few days ago everything was right on the money. Temp and humidity were where they were suppose to be. The incubator was full of eggs and they are all in their second week (days 9-10). Now I am having trouble keeping a constant temperature and the light will not stay on for any length of time, continues to flash. I can adjust to keep the temp in the ballpark of 99.5, but shouldn't have to if all is working right. I am wondering if the temperature regulator is going bad. For those of you that have used Browers before does this sound like the regulator is going on the fritz or is it normal for the light to continue to flash and the temp to fluctuate. The incubator is in a heated basement, away from windows or drafts or other heat sources so I don't know what has changed in the environment to make the thing go off. Thanks.

welcome-byc.gif
I am in Kansas too! Wichita.

I don't have a Brower, but it sounds like your thermostat might be going out.

I was trying to locate a supplier, but I did not have any luck with a quick search. Do you have the Top Hatch or an older model? The Top Hatch I believe has an electric thermostat. I would call Brower, their number is 800-553-1791.

Good luck!!

Brower may send you a replacement part very quickly. Just call them. It is not that difficult to replace yourself. I always kept a towel over the top of my unit to keep the temps adjusted. I also used some Sylvania light bulbs. They seem more reliable.

Hope the temp will hold even enough for you for the next week or so until they are ready to hatch.

This is my first batch with the Brower so I need to master the critter before I consider putting it up on the self. I read about using a blanket somewhere else, mainly becasue the flashing light was keeping the person awake. I will try it to see if the temp can be stabilized some. If things don't even out soon I wll give Brower a call. I think that the eggs are worth the extra effort and I definitely like the Brower better than the styrofoam box that I had been using. Live and learn. Thanks all.

Don't give up on it. It works great when you get the hang of it. Just keep a check of the temps at egg level and keep the ring filled with water around the edges. If you put a small towel over the top, it really helps to regulate the heat. I tried putting insulation around the body of it, but it did not help. Mine stays in a room that stays around 68 to 74 degrees.

The Brower # is 319-469-4141

I've called them twice already this week - just getting things ready. They are on the phone quickly and are helpful.
I have the Brower TH120 -- and am using only for the second time. I do have the directions with me if you have questions - or you can down load them off the Brower website.

Back
Top Bottom