Brower Top Hatch Autoturn Incubator

Frizzledhen

Spear Gunnin' Coons
12 Years
Feb 17, 2007
Michigan
Does anyone have any comments on this bator, either good or bad? I like the idea of NO styrofoam and that it is not affected by outside temp changes. The price is better than the GQF Genisses also. Has anyone ever used one? In the description I found nothing about humidity. It must have a source of humidity, right?
Thanks,
Gayle

The bad: No insulation in the side walls. The turner does't turn eggs very well, so I get lots of dead embryos. But I also have the original model, the one they don't make anymore.

The good: completely automated, clean up is easy, and it can actually be scrubbed so you don't get that funky incubator smell. No extras to buy, they are always included (fan, turner).

That being said, if you get the insulation sleeve to regulate the temp and just use it as a hatcher, it's perfect. But to go through the whole incubation and have to hand turn the eggs, no thanks
smile.png
Hope this helps.

Oh, it has a groove in the bottom to put water in...

I read - and this was the reason I didn't get one - that it is very sensitive to outside temperature changes, because it is uninsulated. I read that even with an insulated sleeve, it was sensitive, and when totally sealed in a box, the temperature was too high. Also, as ksacres said, I read the turner doesn't work all that well.

I was attracted to the round design - I would think that the air circulation would be better in such a shape, and I don't like the idea of styrofoam either, but I ultimately bought a styrofoam little giant.

The styrofoam ones are harder to clean, but I figured that a stable temperature was better than total cleanliness. Also, I figured I could seal the inside of the styrofoam to create a smooth surface to scrub.

The price is the same as an lg or hova - $150.

Thanks for the info earthnut and ksacres. They have them on Ebay for $144.99 with Free shipping. This is what they say about the temp control:

More even heat: Our Tech Temp Control adjusts for temperature fluctuations caused by any changes in the environment. Tech Temp Control adjust to temperature changes more quickly than a wafer / snap action switch. Fewer hot spots and no forced blasts of air.

Maybe the temp control is why they discontinued the older one and came out with this one. ????????

I don't know, I just know I don't like mine. I went to check it last night and the temp was at 93! Probably just lost a whole hatch. I bought mine when they first came out, paid almost $300 for it because I thought it would be so great after everything they said about it. As soon as a I get a bigger bator, it will be for sale.

Lots of negative input for you, but I have to say, I liked mine. I did use a bubble wrap sleeve and I had it in a closet. The thing worked great. I had much better hatches than with the Hova Bator. The humidity is controlled by you. You add water to the bottom of the tub much like the LG and Hova units. The turner in mine worked great, if a person has a problem with it they should contact the Mfgr. I have found them to be great to work with.

My problem with the Top Hatch was with humidity. I have found after using the TX-6, that I upgraded to, that I should have been using much more water than I was. I went through almost 3 quarts of water in the TX-6, it dispenses the water automatically when needed. I liked the Top Hatch because it allowed me plenty of space to place the eggs and cleaning was a breeze. Pros and cons to all the economical units but if the Top Hatch is working correctly, it is a great little incubator. They are guarenteed so if it does not work properly, I am sure they would replace it with one that does.

Back
Top Bottom