Brown egg laying chickens

Will you help me that after how much time from time of birth of chicken i should shift them from brooder to coop

Hi and welcome to BYC! Brooding chicks is a matter of a judgment call that you make based on your current climate/temperatures and your chicks' ability to keep themselves warm or your ability to provide extra warmth in the coop.
My most recent batch of chicks went from the brooder to the coop at five weeks when they were feathered out and able to maintain their own body temperature. If you have electricity in the coop you can brood them outside from day one because you can provide the heat they need, I do not have electric in the coop, so had to keep them where I could provide heat until they were able to be on their own. Moving them to the coop also depends on whether there are other, bigger/older birds in the coop already - you don't want to mix young birds with older birds until the new birds are able to hold their own (the older birds can be quite rough on newcomers) so you would not mix them until they are closer to 16 weeks old. There are a lot of factors that go into when the right time is to move a particular group of chicks from one setup to the next.
You might find it more helpful in the future that if you have a question that is not related to the topic being discussed you should start a new thread of your own so that you those who help you can do so without mixing it into the conversation already being had. Starting a thread of your own is super easy - just click "start a new thread" instead of "post a reply". A great place to try this out would be in the introductions section where you can introduce yourself to the community - that is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/44/new-member-introductions

Last edited:
Plz answer my question that after how much time from birth of chicken i should shift them from brooder to coop

Sorry to be so slow responding, but BYC was having some serious technical problems and I was unable to respond. Everything appears to be back in working order now. In warm weather, I usually shirt my chicks to the coop between 5 and 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom