Brown Leghorn Acting Mean?

RedBreasted

Songster
8 Years
Sep 21, 2014
My brown leghorn hen, she always scratch at the rocks which are like small and medium size. The rocks always lands on the grass and when I come outside, there were like a whole bunch of rocks on the grass. So I have to pick them up and throw them back in. I mean I know she wants to find foods because I keep them free range but their are foods in her bowl and she just wanna find bugs. The scratching at rocks are making me annoyed. My two other hens won't do this. When I caught my leghorn doing this, I just scared them off and chased them around like an idiot who wants to chase and hold their chickens.
lol.png
I also like to feed them meats and other stuff too. Meats such as sometimes and RARELY cooked chicken meats and I just tell them, "This is nobody you or me knows." Also my Brown Leghorn, she always pecked my buff orpington and RIR. Like she overpowering them because she is 1 year and 6 months old. When I peck my buff orpington and RIR, she gets jealous and fights the others and try to rip off their comb but it didn't have serious injuries. I don't know how to stop this so I think I should make a naughty pen where I put the naughtiest one in for 5 minutes or more if the problem is worst. What should I do? Should I make the naughty pen? Who is going to be on Santa's naughty list? (ONE THING: Next year, yes next year because my local hatchery isn't hatching anymore eggs and so next year, I will buy an Ameraucana hen and possibly a bob white quail chick or maybe some other rare chicken breeds. Will my Brown Leghorn be jealous again? Also some potty training tips for my two new additions to the family next year?)

Sounds like your hen is acting like a chicken, chickens scratch and maintain a pecking order amongst themselves, you can't change natural normal behavior.

Back
Top Bottom