Brown leghorn. Sad story.

Melleding

Chirping
Apr 22, 2021
My first experience with a chicken was when I worked at a local animal shelter one summer. Someone had thrown a brown leghorn over our 6 ft chain link fence during the night. I begged my boss to let her stay, so she agreed and we got her some feed. Every morning I would call "Chicken" and she would come running. She followed me all day through the kennels, past the barking dogs, but it never fazed her. She wasn't at all afraid and took her job of helping me very seriously. Then I started finding eggs in the empty cat carriers. Never knew where I would find one, but she layed one every night. She was friendly to everyone and such a sweet girl. One morning I called and she didn't come. Apparently during the night, someone had thrown two large dogs over the fence and they got her. I named my current chicken after her, in her memory. Still miss Chicken #1.

My first experience with a chicken was when I worked at a local animal shelter one summer. Someone had thrown a brown leghorn over our 6 ft chain link fence during the night. I begged my boss to let her stay, so she agreed and we got her some feed. Every morning I would call "Chicken" and she would come running. She followed me all day through the kennels, past the barking dogs, but it never fazed her. She wasn't at all afraid and took her job of helping me very seriously. Then I started finding eggs in the empty cat carriers. Never knew where I would find one, but she layed one every night. She was friendly to everyone and such a sweet girl. One morning I called and she didn't come. Apparently during the night, someone had thrown two large dogs over the fence and they got her. I named my current chicken after her, in her memory. Still miss Chicken #1.
What a heartbreaking story! I just lost my little chick that was just as sweet she would come running if she saw me and she loved to cuddle on my shoulder. I still can’t believe she’s gone she died today by fox attack 😭😭😭 it’s soo hard to lose a friend

So sad.

Back
Top Bottom