Brown Leghorns: Pics, Info, and Resources

Pics
This hen traces back to Duane Urch's stock. She has been with a rooster since this fall and decided to fly out of the heated shed. Me being the poultry person that I am and always having issues getting good pics, decided that it would be a perfect time to try for a pic of her.

She is lovely! Makes me excited to see what descends from Mr. Urch's birds, as I am expecting a dozen LBL chicks from him in late March/early April :)

Hello everyone! I got this bantam chic in a surprise pack and am not completely sure if it is a Brown leghorn or not. Any help?

There is a little white stripe that is on each wing as well. I was not able to get a picture of that though. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I got two brown Leghorn this spring. Are they normally small build? They are half the size compared to the buffs I also got (same age)

here are mine at 4 weeks they are supposed to be both female, I don't know why they look different

edit: I think I may have these confused for my EE's see the post later for a real picture

Last edited:
JPCODE, your babies are very cute, but not Leghorns. They are Easter Eggers. I hope you get some nice blue ore green eggs from them

Has anyone had trouble with their Roosters wanting to fight? I'm having to re-home my beautiful Brown Leghorn Roo. He and one of my Ameraucana roos have started fighting. They were raised from chicks together, but I guess at 1 year the hormones have kicked in. I didn't catch them to intervene and they are a mess. Both were bloody and each has a eye swollen shut. I said I was going to rename them to Mr T and Rocky. I have had to put both of them up on the roost for the past two nights because they cant fly up there. I hope they will recover. I couldn't find any major injuries. Just their bloody combs wattles and faces. The Ameraucana doesn't have wattles but his beard and muff is almost gone. I feel lucky that I have found him a good home were he will be the only roo. I will miss this beautiful guy. He is a great roo looking out for the flock and not aggressive toward my kids.

Back
Top Bottom