brown poop.. smelly

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by leedyfeathers, Feb 27, 2015.

1. leedyfeathers

leedyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2014
    VA
    This stuff stinks it has no cap. Its a more chocolate brown than it shows.. plus a hen with florescent green poop and runny.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. leedyfeathers

Jul 21, 2014
    VA
    Is the first one just cecal poo or something else?
    The bright green poop just started on this hen a week ago.

3. ShockValue

ShockValue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    West Sound, Washington
    The first one does look like cecal, and they do stink. Green and runny I would be concerned about though.

4. leedyfeathers

Jul 21, 2014
    VA
    Yeah today she seemed to be unstable ive been treating every one with corid antibacterial meds for a week when I had two hens with green poo. The snow is so deep theres no place to free range so I had cleared area under coop and around feed and water. They wont go out farther unless I put hay down.
    I give fresh water couple times a day and check if froze when I give soaked food.

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Corid is not an antibiotic, but a thiamine antagonist against coccidia. I would give a small amount of buttermilk mixed into their feed with some vitamins for a few days. Then I would recommend worming them with Valbazen 1/2 ml orally to each bird, and repeat in 10 days. If you can't get Valbazen, then use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound for 5 days. Both wormers will be in the cattle/goat/sheep aisle of your feed store.

6. leedyfeathers

Jul 21, 2014
    VA
    [​IMG]

I dont know what that means but that is what the vet gave me.. they dont do much more than supply stuff or do feces smears.
    Ive started the vitamins today and mixed feed and yogurt.

7. leedyfeathers

Jul 21, 2014
    VA
    Im going to see about getting some tests on the green pooper see what vet says

8. leedyfeathers

Jul 21, 2014
    VA
    I have three green poop shooters all seem thin and too easy to pick up. Not very aware.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by