brown poop.. smelly

leedyfeathers

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 21, 2014
VA
This stuff stinks it has no cap. Its a more chocolate brown than it shows.. plus a hen with florescent green poop and runny.

Is the first one just cecal poo or something else?
The bright green poop just started on this hen a week ago.

Yeah today she seemed to be unstable ive been treating every one with corid antibacterial meds for a week when I had two hens with green poo. The snow is so deep theres no place to free range so I had cleared area under coop and around feed and water. They wont go out farther unless I put hay down.
I give fresh water couple times a day and check if froze when I give soaked food.

Corid is not an antibiotic, but a thiamine antagonist against coccidia. I would give a small amount of buttermilk mixed into their feed with some vitamins for a few days. Then I would recommend worming them with Valbazen 1/2 ml orally to each bird, and repeat in 10 days. If you can't get Valbazen, then use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound for 5 days. Both wormers will be in the cattle/goat/sheep aisle of your feed store.

I dont know what that means but that is what the vet gave me.. they dont do much more than supply stuff or do feces smears.
Ive started the vitamins today and mixed feed and yogurt.

Back
Top Bottom