Brown Red bantam cochin?

Justso

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 30, 2015
Chicagoland DuPage Co
My Coop
My Coop
Could Peggy here be a brown red? Phenotypically? Not sure of her exact genetics, just curious
IMG_20200412_160829~2.jpg

Thanks. I got her from a guy that owns a farm in Northern Illinois up near Rockford. His farm's not online and I've not been able to look it up to call. He was at a poultry swap and had very nice hens. Still kicking myself for not getting more info when I got her. He was a nice guy, he called the pullets "Sally's"

Thanks. I got her from a guy that owns a farm in Northern Illinois up near Rockford. His farm's not online and I've not been able to look it up to call. He was at a poultry swap and had very nice hens. Still kicking myself for not getting more info when I got her. He was a nice guy, he called the pullets "Sally's"
She has a very good shape, definitely a good quality cochin. Her coloring could be a darker brown red or possibly a color cross.

Could Peggy here be a brown red? Phenotypically? Not sure of her exact genetics, just curious
Phenotypically she is not quite Brown Red is too dark and I believe Brown Red calls for some form of lacing on the breast. Most likely she is the cross of Black with Partridge E/eb which gives a Pseudo Birchen/Brown Red look but much darker.

Not my bird, but good phenotype of the Brown Red.

68442_100_1003.jpg

68442_100_1024.jpg

Phenotypically she is not quite Brown Red is too dark and I believe Brown Red calls for some form of lacing on the breast. Most likely she is the cross of Black with Partridge E/eb which gives a Pseudo Birchen/Brown Red look but much darker.

68442_100_1003.jpg

68442_100_1024.jpg
Excellent insight!

68442_100_1003.jpg

68442_100_1024.jpg
Love that coloring... I got a (what I now know is) D'Uccle... it was all black as a chick, but just found out yesterday which hatchery it came from, and she's a Brown Red..

She was completely black when I got her as a new chick.. and then her color started changing. I know they aren't the same breed, but I see a lot of overlap in colors between the two. Here she is as of yesterday, 3 weeks.

I think peggy looks very pretty, I like the iridescence on her black feathers!

Attachments

• 20200518_164206.jpg
    20200518_164206.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200518_163953.jpg
    20200518_163953.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 15
Love that coloring... I got a (what I now know is) D'Uccle... it was all black as a chick, but just found out yesterday which hatchery it came from, and she's a Brown Red..

She was completely black when I got her as a new chick.. and then her color started changing. I know they aren't the same breed, but I see a lot of overlap in colors between the two. Here she is as of yesterday, 3 weeks.

I think peggy looks very pretty, I like the iridescence on her black feathers!
Thanks Ang, come back and post another picture here when your chick gets older!

Back
Top Bottom