Brown scab spots?

She is about three months old. She always was niacin deficient, as I have learned is common in pekins, and I slowed progress by giving liquid b to just her water which diluted it. She used to just step on one foot and was a little knock kneed. Her walking got progressively worse until she wouldn’t walk anymore which is when I brought her inside. I’ll check for bumps, they might be a little swollen
Hi @ranchergirl

How is your duckling getting on? Has her walking strength returned? Have the bumps on her undercarriage resolved? Is she back with her buddies outside?

Which brand of duck food are you using?

Please update us on your little one's progress

Hi @ranchergirl

How is your duckling getting on? Has her walking strength returned? Have the bumps on her undercarriage resolved? Is she back with her buddies outside?

Which brand of duck food are you using?

Please update us on your little one's progress
Hi! He is doing great! He spent three weeks inside with daily baths. I was giving him b3 complex orally every night and that made his walking issue so much better and a lot faster than just feeding it in his food. I also gave him some in his duck food. His food is from a local farm and on top of the b3 I added nutritional yeast. I gave daily baths to help build his strength since he was unable to stand or walk at all. The brown scabs were bed sores I believe from not being able to stand and then pooping on himself. They ended up just falling off after a while. He also had moldy feathers. I made sure to clean his bed every day and washed him with dawn. I also was using an Oxine mixture in a spray bottle. He caught a minor respiratory infection but I treated with the Oxine mixture. He is back outside now running around with his friends symptom free! It was a learning experience and very hard and he doesn’t like me all that much now but I am so happy he is better and running freely with his friends. It was very worth it to be able to see him live a happy duck life

Back
Top Bottom