Browning Elephant Ears

MarthaTheRooster

Songster
Dec 19, 2018
Carlisle, Kentucky
Hey yall! I purchased my first elephant ear plant, its not hardy in my zone but I planned out putting it in a planter so it can sit outside in the summer months then come in during the winter. My issue is the edges of the leaves are becoming brown and flaking off. I've followed the label so far, keep moist and it sits in a spot on my covered porch where it can get indirect sunlight. Any tips on what I can do better?

Very generally speaking, I have learned that when leaves turn yellow a plant is getting too much water and when they turn brown and get brittle the plant is not getting enough water. This is not to say there isn't something else going on, but maybe start with a little more water. Also if you can upload a photo showing the leaves it might help someone identify any other potential issues.

Very generally speaking, I have learned that when leaves turn yellow a plant is getting too much water and when they turn brown and get brittle the plant is not getting enough water. This is not to say there isn't something else going on, but maybe start with a little more water. Also if you can upload a photo showing the leaves it might help someone identify any other potential issues.
Will do! I don't have any photos of it right now but I will upload some once I get home! The tag that came with the plant said to keep the soil moist so I've been watering whenever the soil feels like its starting to dry out. I'm not really sure by what they mean by moist though. Should the soil be wet to the touch or should it be dryer than that before I water? :barnie

Back
Top Bottom