Brutus, my roo, hates tennis shoes! *UPDATE PG. 2*

All my hens and one of my roos hate my red crocs. My alpha roo only has a problem with my eeyore pajamas.

LOL footwear and chickens!
lol.png

I was using my usual flip flops when I go to the yard for the chickens but eventually my grandma told me to to use separate gardening slippers when I go to the birds because sometimes I step on their "leavings" and go back in the house. When I started using the gardening slippers and go to the girls, they can't help peck at my foot! When I see my Laura the Hen looking at my foot I think "oh no", I try to back away from her but she quickly chases me and pecks at my foot skin! It's so painful......she wasn't like that before, but the newly hatched chicks are doing the same! I guess they really know you by your shoes......
big_smile.png

My crazy mutt roo Hankers has a "dislike" for boots of any kind. He'll come up & look at them & then starting pecking around the boot like he is going around each one in a circle & then while pecking, he starts the squaking!

He is more hysterically funny than mean I think.
lol.png
Lately I have been gently picking him up with my boot & tossing him & then he stops. He is fine with my green crocs....go figure! None of the others do this at all!

I call him Hankers the Crankers!
gig.gif

My bunch will peck at my shoelaces on whatever pair I'm wearing, whether it's tennies, or moccasins. I think they think I have worms on my shoes. They of course, love the beads on my moccasins! They haven't pulled any off, but anytime I wear them, at least one of them has to have a peck at the pretty colors to see if it's eatable.

Every afternoon I go out to feed them a bucket of scratch or some other treat, and sit and check out the birds. (They don't like to be handled, and that's the only way I have to check their overall health or watch for any problems.)

I snitched DH's bootscraper from his Big Truck, and have it on a board next to the front door. I run the soles of my shoes over it as I step into the house, and no more tracking "leavings" inot the house. Naturally, any time I forget, it never fails that I've got Something on the bottom of my shoes.

Ours really noticed the shoes we have on. I have my barn boots (the heavy rubber type) that I wear inside the coop and run. if I go in wearing my white sneakers...they attack my feet. LOL

My chickens love it when I wear flip flops...they attack my toes, they think I have brought them an excellent treat of large worms. Never attack shoes. I do have a Houdan that follows my shoes, but I figure it is because he can't see much else, and my shoes and food usually come together.

My Carmine hates my brown suede Birkenstock clog knock-offs. I was going to rename him Stacy London since he has beautiful black locks and hates my homely hippie shoes.
gig.gif

Well, bad news people. The tennis shoes have somehow mad Brutus completely snap! He won't even let me into the run now without trying to flog me. I will be working with him a lot the next few days and see if he can forgive me for wearing tennis shoes that one time. If he continues his bad behavior, then he will be going. I can't have him flogging me every time he sees me.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom