Bubble Eye?

Firearia

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
I have a buff brahma and whenever she's in the coop where it's a bit dusty she gets bubbles in her eye/eyes. When I bring her outside it clears up. However when she sneezes bubbles go into her eyes and then fade in about 5-10 seconds... Help?! I've heard that chickens die from stuff like this, and I don't want my lil' brahma to go.
hit.gif

Sounds like what im dealing with right now

MG, Mycoplasma Gallisepticum, See my thread on "whole flock sick" there is lots of advise on supportive care. Thats about all you can do. They are carriers for life even when they are feeling better.

In my case,I think i got it from bringing in older birds from another farm.I was careful,but i guess not careful enough. Im giving supportive care, those who make it I will keep, but my flock is closed. None of them will leave alive, no selling hatching eggs, no selling chicks.

have you brought in any new birds in the last 30 days? has anyone with another flock been in your coop area?

Mine are all getting organic apple cider with the mother in it, polyvisol without iron (3 drops per for full size birds). pumpkin and boiled eggs with their usual food.

3 of them have gotten Tylan 50 injections over the last 3 days. One with just more of a snotty sneeze i gave droppers of Durimycin-10 i picked up at tractor supply. Just mix it with water to a pale yellow color.

I followed the advise of Revolution.... i have cleaned out the coop and they now have dry leaves in there as bedding and they all love it. And today im gonna figure out some feed that gets them off all regular commercial feed.

Pay close attention and check the rest of your birds. if its MG you will see it move thru the whole flock over the next few days.

Im sorry i dont have any beter news for you
sad.png
feel free to pm me, if i can share any into ive gotten in the last 5 days that can help I will!

I don't know how much help I can truly be , but I used to have a around a hundred chickens at a time and would on occation have a few birds that would come up with sympytoms like this as well. I didn't quarentine any of the infected birds but instead would emediatly put a dose of electrolytes (parden possible bad spelling) in there water and switch over to the medicated chick starter for thier feed (I would also some times mix it but had better results when switching strait to the medicated chick feed) until the symtoms would clear up. I didn't lose manybirds with this treament and I couldn't afford to use more expensive methods at the time either. It would definitly be a good thing to watch any ppl coming into or around your flock or new birds and stay away from others flocks until your problem is resolved. Another reason I used this treament is because I was concerned about my birds being under any more stress than was nesessary. I'd always clean the coop thoroughly (including scrubing the walls and floors with a disinfectant and/or bleach if the case was sever enough).

I hope this helps. Good luck with your birds, I know it's always a scarry thing when things like this happen in your flock.

Thanks for the help guys, however it seems to have cleared up a bit and there was very little sneezing. Maybe she's actually allergic to dust, she never sneezes when she's outside unless her beak is stuffed into my arm and she's sleeping.
lol.png
She has no other symptoms but those, it's been like that for probably three weeks now and no one else is sneezing. So I think the rest of my flock is fine.

@Noelg
Doesn't sound like what I'm dealing with, it sounds worse.
sad.png
I hope you an your flock make it through that.

@Bantiebabe1200
Good to hear that it would clear up, I wondered if it was a temporary thing as she never showed symptoms those past three months of after I purchased her. She was the healthiest of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom