Bucket for Water

This may sound like a simple question, but what type of bucket do you use for water? I know that many people say that use a 5 gallon bucket. Is it just a regular plastic bucket? Would I need 2 of those if I have 10 ducks? Thanks!
5 gallon seems tall and narrow to me. Ducks don't necessarily have to get their whole body into the water, but they do need to be able to submerge their heads under the water. This is their way of cleaning out their nasal passages. I would go for something a bit shorter than a 5 gallon bucket. You could actually just cut one in half. You could also get a livestock pan like this:
1581706670159.png

They are wide and shallow. you can find them at farm supply stores.
Another option if you have room and are willing to let the ducks have some fun is a kiddie pool or stock tank/trough like this:
1581706801566.png

The ducks would actually be able to float around that way which they LOVE to do.

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum from a water bucket as I dug out a pond in the backyard. If you ever want to take it this far, we can chat. :)
20190714_142226 resized.jpg

I go to the bakery dept at our grocery store they have 3 gal and 2 gal for 1.00 each I use these in summer and heated buckets in winter this is for drinking out of. These buckets have awesome lids and make great containers for storage too.
Sounds like icing/frosting pales that they wash and sell after using up the product inside. If so, they'll be food grade which is great.

I love my rubber livestock bowls. I have two sets, so I can rotate them so that they always get a clean bowl. In the winter, I use an old cat litter bucket to haul water from inside. The bowls are indestructible, even when frozen solid. They are also very easy to clean. The only “con” is that certain ducks mistake their water bowl for a bath tub, which gets messy. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom