Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted pics of my Buckeye cockerels. They are numbered with letters; all of the same number are the same bird (73-A, 73-B, 73-C). #73 was hatched 1-1-2011; the remainder are 2-7-2011. Most are ALBC/Brown. One pictured is Urch. Any insights anyone would care to share would be welcomed.

Janet:

Wow! You really have some nice birds! I wouldn't even know where to begin; I would have to have hands-on to pick 'em. If you are at Indianapolis, I'd like to get a cockerel from you-- any one of those!

Chris​

Quote:
I had two cockerels hatched Feb 28 and fed 25-30% protein feed (30% Purina Game Starter diluted slightly with 19% chick feed) They got much bigger and finer than their father by end of July fair time and did well there. I really feel the earlier higher protein diet made a big difference in their size. We will be doing this with other Large Fowl breeds in the future.

I miss my buckeye cockerels. We had no hens of that breed, so it made no sense to keep them. They were so beautiful.

I hope to get more Buckeyes next spring, if I can talk the DH into it.
bow.gif
(we need a begging smiley)

I am currently negotiating on a trip to the Cross-Roads show. Will anyone have a nice trio for a hopeful 4-H family? If not, I will need to get on a waiting list for chicks....

Quote:
Thank you, Chris! Re Crossroads -- Not positive yet. We're working toward that goal.

Janet; Nice birds! I especially like the bird on the left on pic 52 A.
M

Quote:
I had two cockerels hatched Feb 28 and fed 25-30% protein feed (30% Purina Game Starter diluted slightly with 19% chick feed) They got much bigger and finer than their father by end of July fair time and did well there. I really feel the earlier higher protein diet made a big difference in their size. We will be doing this with other Large Fowl breeds in the future.

I miss my buckeye cockerels. We had no hens of that breed, so it made no sense to keep them. They were so beautiful.

I hope to get more Buckeyes next spring, if I can talk the DH into it.
bow.gif
(we need a begging smiley)

I am currently negotiating on a trip to the Cross-Roads show. Will anyone have a nice trio for a hopeful 4-H family? If not, I will need to get on a waiting list for chicks....

If you are in need of some come spring let me know....I have extra cockerals now, but not for long....I'll have fertile eggs if that works for you too. I think I have nice birds...gentle roo's that have never been anything but manfriendly.

Quote:
Thank you, Chris! Re Crossroads -- Not positive yet. We're working toward that goal.

Hi Janet

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your boys are really handsome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom