Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had two adult King pigeons shipped to me last March from California -from a pigeon rescue - and it took two days. The birds did fine, just glad to get out of their box.

We have shipped racing pigeons all over the country and they do just fine.Several birds have gone straight thru in 24hrs. The post office always calls and we can pick them up before they even open.Never lost a bird in 40yrs.
smile.png

I only have one Buckeye but she has a great personality and is very curious.She's a hatchery bird from Ideal and I ordered her just to try when I was getting some new layers.Ruby is almost 3 years old and this is her this afternoon.

jan2010chickens204.jpg

jan2010chickens205.jpg

I work most of the time and I'm not able to see her lay.She's also in a coop with about 20 other girls but I have witnessed her doing her thing on the weekends and her egg size is usually medium to maybe a large every now and then.Right now I don't think she's laying at all.

To all Buckeye Breeders within driving distance of Arkansas . . . the Big Bird Classic, being held April 17th in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, has just been granted a Special Meet for this wonderful breed. Hope to see some of you there, for info go to: http://www.BigBirdShows.com Thanks to Laura and the other club officers, we are hoping for a good turnout.

Ann Charles
Secretary
Big Bird Classic

Hey Laura, I heard an egg Peep! We are going to have babies soon. I sure hope most of them hatch -- with all the nasty fumes from the new floor that went in, I am worried. But at least I have one peeper!

The little ones from Craig are doing great, They are so pretty with their multi colored wing feathers and rusty colored down.

Edited to say that I took a look and we have two pips!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom