Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Look into our eyes! You are getting very sleeping, very sleeping....you will buy more Buckeyes....lots more....Bantam and Large Fowl Buckeyes...

You will be assimulated!

Resistance is futile!!

bow.gif
bow.gif

lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Congratulations, and welcome to the world of Buckeyes! If you're interested in learning more about the American Buckeye Poultry Club, please see our website here:

http://www.americanbuckeyepoultryclub.com

And how about some pics! Always love seeing pictures of Buckeyes. I had 50-odd hatch yesterday, will try to post some pics today.
big_smile.png

Cheers,

I set 27 Buckeye eggs (plus 49 of other breeds) Wednesday night. It will be my first hatch of the year, yeah! It has been difficult waiting for the weather to warm so I can start hatching. Can't wait to have some new fluffy butts in 19 days.

JamesA eggs, Day 9, candled, not sure what I'm looking for actually, keep comparing to pics and egg from the fridge, maybe the light isn't strong enough, and suddenly one of them seemed to move. Is that visible at day 9 or am I just seeing the yolk slosh about?

Maybe I haven't killed them all yet!

I'm kind of bummed -- I had ordered ten Buckeyes and fifteen Mille Fleur Leghorns from Sand Hill. I got a letter from them that their Buckeyes are pretty much sold out until July (late for me, as we will have a busy summer and I was hoping to get all my babies more or less 'weaned' before then). I'd like to get some from Dave in Ohio, but have to wait and see on that (I would have ordered from him in the first place, but really want those Mille Fleur Leghorns, and I didn't really want 25 of either breed!). I guess it's a good thing, though, that more people are getting into Buckeyes!

Sand Hill did say that if they get a really good hatch of Buckeyes when my Mille Fleurs hatch, they'll send me what they can spare.

Kathleen

Large fowl chicks in the brooder, up to 56 at latest count (couple more stragglers who may yet make it still in the incubator):

LF1a.jpg

LF2a.jpg

And four of the six bantam chicks that hatched (only had a small number of eggs from them, so six is wonderful!):

Bantam2b.jpg

Bantam1a.jpg

Interesting to note the bantam chicks have chipmunk stripes, obviously slightly different origins than the large fowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom