Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Jen, thanks so much for doing that! Wow, 20 entries, excellent! Best of luck at the show, and let us know how you do.

smile.png

My daughter reports that there are actually 31 buckeyes! I don't know how many of which.
I got 1st 2nd and 4th cockerel, #1 rooster, (condolences Jim), and #1 young trio. I don't know what the total numbers were in each class, but I'm happy.

Did good in the bantams too, but i don't know exactly what, I had a rooster and two hens.

That is fabulous, Jen!
clap.gif
Congratulations!
woot.gif

Quote:
12 of my Buckeye eggs made it to lock down! 5 from one line, 7 from another woohoooooooo hatch is due Tuesday. I am so thrilled while I look at all your wonderful pictures of Buckeyes. It will be a fun and long adventure ahead
thumbsup.gif
.....and YES ALL will hatch!
clap.gif

Got a healthy hatch of 8 baby Buckeyes!
jumpy.gif
Man those little suckers are so energentic after karate chopping out of their eggs! Bouncing all over the place. I'm hoping for a more successful hatch with my next batch of eggs I'm getting. 8 birds and wanting to get some excellent looking birds for showing cuts my odds a bit. There all going to be wonderful looking right and I won't have to cull any!
wink.png
Wish I could take a picture but my camera is broke
hmm.png

GOOD JOB JENN

Quote:
Jen, thanks so much for doing that! Wow, 20 entries, excellent! Best of luck at the show, and let us know how you do.

smile.png

My daughter reports that there are actually 31 buckeyes! I don't know how many of which.
I got 1st 2nd and 4th cockerel, #1 rooster, (condolences Jim), and #1 young trio. I don't know what the total numbers were in each class, but I'm happy.

Did good in the bantams too, but i don't know exactly what, I had a rooster and two hens.

great job!

OK, I have some pics from the Arkansas state fair. Here is my Cockerel that took reserve breed.

10901_buckeyekno1.jpg

My rooster

10901_buckeye_roo_no1.jpg

Here is the pullet belonging to Roy Autrey's granddaughter that took best of breed

10901_autreybuckeyepbb.jpg

Here is the display board I put together. I did it in a hurry, I hope to redo a better job for later shows.

10901_buckeyedisplayboard.jpg

Thanks for pictures and for doing the poster. You might have done in a hurry but well done-- poster presentation looks nice! Great look & shape on your cockerel.

Hey Jen, here are your first grandchicks from the chicks that Bil (bfrancis) and I drove 5 hours to get from you:

62482_sn200844.jpg

62482_sn200854.jpg

They are very active little guys and the first chickens that I've ever hatched. I'm so used to quail that I look at these guys and they just seem huge to me.
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom