Buckeye Day old chicks from Heritage Lines

tandersphoenix

Songster
11 Years
Feb 25, 2011
It's getting close to fall hatching season now! I like to hatch and raise my layers in the fall so they are ready to go out on grass and be productive first part of spring. Now taking orders for fall chicks. I have been breeding these for several years and started from good breeder lines. I have blended these to get some very nice birds for production or show at any level. They are great foragers. Chicks are $5.00 each and I will ship 5 to 14 chicks with a heat pack and box for $24.00 for box, heat pack, and shipping. So 5 chicks would be $49.00. Orders of 15 or more do not require a heat pack Shipping is $14. I will be taking orders from now until Oct. NPIP Flock Thanks

I can now ship to Virginia and Texas!! I have my AI Clean status now

Also, if you do not have a Pay Pal account or just prefer to not use Pay Pal I can directly accept most major debit or credit cards..

Last edited:
Hi, you know I will check and see what the regulations are this year. The past few years with all of the Avian Influenza outbreaks Texas is one of the states who have increased their regulations. I am a NPIP certified flock and AI monitored. I think I could send to Texas if I were certified AI clean. Which I usually am but Missouri ran out of funding this year to swab my entire flock so I am only monitored so far this year. I imagine some of the bigger hatcheries pay for their certification?? I do sell hatching eggs from the Buckeyes too. $20/dozen + $14.00 for shipping. Thanks for the question!

Hi, you know I will check and see what the regulations are this year. The past few years with all of the Avian Influenza outbreaks Texas is one of the states who have increased their regulations. I am a NPIP certified flock and AI monitored. I think I could send to Texas if I were certified AI clean. Which I usually am but Missouri ran out of funding this year to swab my entire flock so I am only monitored so far this year. I imagine some of the bigger hatcheries pay for their certification?? I do sell hatching eggs from the Buckeyes too. $20/dozen + $14.00 for shipping. Thanks for the question!
Not sure. I know a lot of the bigger hatcheries won't ship to Virginia because of the testing required. But so far I haven't found any who would not ship to Texas.

This is the first I have heard of the Buckeye Chicken. What is their temperament like? Are good layers? How are they at foraging (as I prefer my birds to be free range)?

I tried to send a PM to purchasing info, but the server was not allowing it at the moment, so I can try again later.

Hi, thanks for the question. Buckeyes are the best forager and free ranger I have had and are much happier when they can get out.I started raising them when we were selling pastured eggs and meat at the farmers market. They are very docile, we usually have to wade through them to get to the feed and water. I have had 2 aggressive roosters but they did not last very long here and I will not use an aggressive one for a breeder. Let me know if you would like to try some! Thanks Travis

Back
Top Bottom