Budgie Eggs!

Pics
Not counting the babies tho!
you need this but for budgies
1635079108756.jpeg

The mum killed the fourth baby, she didn't feed it, it died of starvation. Nothing, absolute nothing in the crop. She wasn't feeding the third baby too. I handfed it somehow, I'm not an expert on it, no actually I'm really bad at that. The first two children are okay I guess, pray for them yall, this clutch has been going really bad. I'll not let the mum ever breed again

The mum killed the fourth baby, she didn't feed it, it died of starvation. Nothing, absolute nothing in the crop. She wasn't feeding the third baby too. I handfed it somehow, I'm not an expert on it, no actually I'm really bad at that. The first two children are okay I guess, pray for them yall, this clutch has been going really bad. I'll not let the mum ever breed again
:hugs
Is it her first time? I know with my animals I give them at least another try because they don’t all was know what to do the first time, is it different with budgies? Also could the problem be that she has too many to handle if 4 is a large batch?

:hugs
Is it her first time? I know with my animals I give them at least another try because they don’t all was know what to do the first time, is it different with budgies? Also could the problem be that she has too many to handle if 4 is a large batch?
4 is an okay number and yeah it is her first time but the way she's abandoning them, it's the best to not let her breed again or only after a long break

4 is an okay number and yeah it is her first time but the way she's abandoning them, it's the best to not let her breed again or only after a long break
I understand completely. I have to try and get out to check on mine this morning….we’re getting a pretty heavy rain and the nestbox is on the wrong wall. Sometimes water get in. We are moving them all to a different wall but were afraid to move it while she was sitting on eggs.

Back
Top Bottom