Buff ameraucana bantam hen???

bantambury

life does go on.
6 Years
Sep 3, 2013
North Carolina
So this is ed. We have no idea what she is so im thinking she is going to be a buff ameraucana. She is still really small, smaller than the other four month olds, so thats why i thought shi is a bantam. She relly has almost no comb, very laid back and sweet. she is super soft with some strange twity feathers and is starting to get purpleih feet whih i know is common in this ameraucana breed. Is she an ameraucana???

See the twisty puffy feathers? This is found in ameraucanas right?

She is the smallest tan one here

Last edited:
Not an Ameraucana - she's not the right colour, lacks a beard and muffs and has yellow legs, not slate.

She looks like some sort of bantam game mix.

Last edited:
No, that is not a Buff Ameraucana. She lacks the muffs and beard, slate colored legs, chunkier build, and better color of an Ameraucana. My best guess is that she is some sort of game-bird mix.

I'd say a game bantam mix. No green/blue legs, no muff/beard, coloring in wrong, and the comb doesn't really look like a pure pea comb (maybe a pea/rose, or a poorly formed pea comb). Pretty bird!

Last edited:
I'd say a game bantam mix. No green/blue legs, no muff/beard, coloring in wrong, and the comb doesn't really look like a pure pea comb (maybe a pea/rose, or a poorly formed pea comb). Pretty bird!
I'd say a game bantam mix. No green/blue legs, no muff/beard, coloring in wrong, and the comb doesn't really look like a pure pea comb (maybe a pea/rose, or a poorly formed pea comb). Pretty bird!

Not a buff ameraucana. It had yeloow legs, very slim build, no beard, and incorrect coloring. As the other said I think some type of game mix

No, that is not a Buff Ameraucana. She lacks the muffs and beard, slate colored legs, chunkier build, and better color of an Ameraucana. My best guess is that she is some sort of game-bird mix.

She lacks a single trait of an ameraucana, sorry. I'd also say some type of game mix.

Not an Ameraucana - she's not the right colour, lacks a beard and muffs and has yellow legs, not slate.

She looks like some sort of bantam game mix.  

Well shes only three months old....

Back
Top Bottom