Buff Brahma 7 weeks ... pullet or cockerel?

JensPeeps

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Never had a Buff Brahma before. Any opinions on gender? I suspect this is a rooster which I cannot keep where I live. Just looking for confirmation before I rehome. I will say that "Winnie" has been a spitfire from the get go. As I was paying for my "pullets" at the feed store, I actually contemplated trading this one out because she was so loud and was pecking at the other 2 chicks. She was also much tinier so much so that I thought they may have given me a bantam by mistake. But the other two were different breeds so I wasnt sure. At 7 weeks she is as big as the other two and her legs are much thicker. Comb is not too red at this point and pink wattles are starting to come out. What has me worried are the dark reddish brown feathers on her wings and around the shoulders. Anyone with Buff Brahmas that could lend an opinion?

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Did you figure your chicken out? I have a 7 week old right now that looks similar but has always acted like one of the girls. I have 10 brahma youngsters and the buffs have all been a little crazier acting but also the most friendly. I know (well sorta..lol) that the other 3 buffs are girls! I hope. Good luck with your little one.

Back
Top Bottom