Buff Brahma...or Mille Fleur???

Buff colombian D'Uccles have that color pattern and feathered legs. I believe there are also buff colombian Cochins. And it would not surprise me if Booted Bantams had that color pattern as well in the works. It is a not currently an accepted color in either breed but it is a variety that is in the works. I agree it is probably a buff Brahma but we need to see some more pics to be positive. When folks ask for opinions on here, we should be very cautious about quickly categorizing things as being only applicable to one breed when it can apply to others (i.e. 5 toes means a bird is a Silkie or Silkie cross when there are other breeds out there with 5 toes). The best way to determine a bird's breed (or any animal for that matter) is to look at the whole picture rather than keying in on one or two characteristics.

In this case, pea comb, feathered legs, no vulture hocks, no beard/muffs, and buff colombian pattern would be a buff Brahma. Single comb, feathered legs, vulture hocks, beard/muffs, and buff colombian pattern would be buff colombian D'Uccle.

Thanks for all your replies! From what everyone is saying, I'm about 100% positive that Milly is really....Buffy. What I thought was just a slow-developing comb looks like a pea comb instead, and she has poodle poofs but no vulture hocks.

31488_milly2mo.jpg

31488_milly2mo_2.jpg

Thanks again for helping me figure that out!
big_smile.png

What kind of comb does she have? A buff Brahma will have a pea comb and a D'Uccle will have a single comb. She doesn't have a mille fleur pattern (BTW, mille fleur is a color variety and not a breed). D'Uccles are also being sold in the buff colombian variety. I'm leaning toward buff Brahma though since I'm not seeing a beard/muffs on her.
Hi! I recently got some new chicks the other day and I'm looking for opinions on what they are. Someone just told me they were Mille but I would love for some more input just to be sure if you don't mind looking for me!

Buff colombian D'Uccles have that color pattern and feathered legs. I believe there are also buff colombian Cochins. And it would not surprise me if Booted Bantams had that color pattern as well in the works. It is a not currently an accepted color in either breed but it is a variety that is in the works. I agree it is probably a buff Brahma but we need to see some more pics to be positive. When folks ask for opinions on here, we should be very cautious about quickly categorizing things as being only applicable to one breed when it can apply to others (i.e. 5 toes means a bird is a Silkie or Silkie cross when there are other breeds out there with 5 toes). The best way to determine a bird's breed (or any animal for that matter) is to look at the whole picture rather than keying in on one or two characteristics.

In this case, pea comb, feathered legs, no vulture hocks, no beard/muffs, and buff colombian pattern would be a buff Brahma. Single comb, feathered legs, vulture hocks, beard/muffs, and buff colombian pattern would be buff colombian D'Uccle.
Hello! I am looking for some opinions on my new chicks. Specifically 2 bantys that I got from Rural King. I'm trying to find out if they're Mille. Someone else told me they are but I'd love for more input if possible!

Hello! I am looking for some opinions on my new chicks. Specifically 2 bantys that I got from Rural King. I'm trying to find out if they're Mille. Someone else told me they are but I'd love for more input if possible!
Pictures would be very helpful. You also might like to start a new thread (this one is from 2011), which would be more likely to garner attention :).

Pictures would be very helpful. You also might like to start a new thread (this one is from 2011), which would be more likely to garner attention :).
These are the 2 I'm asking about. Sorry, I did the post on my account! Someone responded to me saying they were Mille but I just want to make sure! I got so excited when they told me that. They came from the Bantam tub at Rural King.

Attachments

• 20240305_170521.jpg
    20240305_170521.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240305_170534.jpg
    20240305_170534.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240305_170537.jpg
    20240305_170537.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240305_170540.jpg
    20240305_170540.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240305_170552.jpg
    20240305_170552.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240305_170624.jpg
    20240305_170624.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240305_170632.jpg
    20240305_170632.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240305_170627.jpg
    20240305_170627.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 4
okay, thank you!! I just wanted to make sure of what I have. I plan to go see if Rural King has more of them in today, so I was just asking around for more information on them so I knew what to look for, but I think I know now!
Your chicks are definitely Mille Fleur. MysteryChicken, who answered your thread, is very knowledgeable and knows what she's talking about. I'd trust her opinion on your chicks.

Hello! I just got some new bantam chicks today and posted pictures of them on my account. I'm pretty sure that some are Mille but I could definitely use some help in identifying them just so I know exactly what I have. I'd appreciate your help!

Back
Top Bottom