Buff CLEAN-LEGGED bantam!

IdealisticRoo

Chicken Tender
13 Years
Oct 18, 2010
Colorado!
So firstly, I am aware that this is a hatchery bird, so before I go any further, I am aware that frizzles are not "pure breeds" and that some people don't care for hatchery birds. That being said, please don't post if all you going to do is bash it as a "hatchery mutt".

This came in my 25 bantam Special from Ideal 2 weeks ago.

Ideal only offers frizzled cochins in Black, Red and White. This little one is definitely buff. He (99% sure itsa boy) is also clean-legged, so obviously not a cochin.

70082_p1040788.jpg

Frizzle colors are pretty basic, the red is often confused with the buff color, as in Ideal thinks red-heads are blond, if that helps you understand...

The breed is frizzle. OH: and maybe it is just my monitor or the lighting but that chickadee looks pretty red to me
tongue.png

Last edited:
Frizzle feathered just means it has an active frizzle gene that is showing...you can get frizzle feathered birds in many breeds, and while yes it may be a cochin, its completely clean legged - hatchery cochins usually have a decent bit of leg feathering ATLEAST...so I'm thinking its something else
wink.png

BUT whatever it is, its super cute. Frizzles are adorable chicks. Just am not fond of them when they get big. lol not nearly as cute.

Quote:
Thank you for the hope, I am really hoping it is not a clean-legged Cochin, ALL of the cochin roos I have had have been raucous little fighters and not lasted more than a few weeks before they got re-homed. This little bird minds its own business and doesn't pick fights like all the other little boys are doing!

I had a red frizzle cochin roo in a previous assortment, and while not being mahogany, it wasn't buff either.

I got the same type of chick in my Ideal assortment in August - they could be twins. I never found out what s/he was, but my best guess was red frizzle Japanese mix because s/he was kind of short. Unfortunately, Mystery passed recently, I think from the cold. S/he feathered out really slowly and at three months still didn't have full feathers, although they were starting to come in all over finally. I was thinking maybe I should bring her inside when the weather here got colder and I found her under the hutches in the coop (open air).

RIP Mystery
hit.gif

P.S. I am very interested to see how your chick develops. Please post future pictures.

i have ordererd and raised several bantams or should i say hundreds of clean legged bantams from welp -ideal-mcmurray as well as many breeders from puerto rico and the u.s.virgin islands where i live. and ive gotten some bantams that could compete in any show and win from hatcheries. i now breed several lines and really enjoy my time with these birds. i also will sell and ship bantams come may 2013.i have nankins -japanese -old eng game- amer game bantams- miniture gallo fino / postiza bantams created and bred all over by breeders on the island of puerto rico these bantams are minitures of thier gamefowl and are smaller than the dutch and old eng bantams. its been a long time since i last came on this site so hello to all of u who are still around . happy new year too all. especially my friend barred rocks. my email- [email protected].

Back
Top Bottom