buff coloring

littlelune810

Chirping
Nov 6, 2015
Washington State
I'm wondering how common the buff color is amongst breeds other than the Orpingtons? I LOVE the color but I don't think I want an Orpington in my flock. Which other breeds commonly have buff colored birds available?

There are a number of chicken breeds that come in buff other than just Orpingtons. Other breeds that come in buff off the top of my head are Plymouth Rocks, Cochins, Brahmas, Minorcas, Wyandottes, Silkies, Japanese Bantams, Chanteclers, and Polish (buff laced in this case).

There are a number of chicken breeds that come in buff other than just Orpingtons. Other breeds that come in buff off the top of my head are Plymouth Rocks, Cochins, Brahmas, Minorcas, Wyandottes, Silkies, Japanese Bantams, Chanteclers, and Polish (buff laced in this case).

Thank you. I guess I'm wondering how common it is to find buff color. Or how easy it is to find or if you usually have to special order chicks or hunt them down from breeders.

Thank you. I guess I'm wondering how common it is to find buff color. Or how easy it is to find or if you usually have to special order chicks or hunt them down from breeders.

Other than Orpingtons; Cochins, Brahmas, Polish, and Silkies are readily available at hatcheries in buff, and Plymouth Rocks, Japanese Bantmas, and Minorcas are fairly common in buff color. Buff Wyandottes and Chanteclers are considerably less available.

Other than Orpingtons; Cochins, Brahmas, Polish, and Silkies are readily available at hatcheries in buff, and Plymouth Rocks, Japanese Bantmas, and Minorcas are fairly common in buff color. Buff Wyandottes and Chanteclers are considerably less available.
Thank you. I would love a buff plymouth rock in my future flock.
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom